EXHORTATION: "Dear Esther: "looking at some Bibles" -Rapture Ready





Hello Esther,

Your Bible advice is very uplifting. You give sound Bible based answers and a blessing to all. And because of your knowledge I am writing to ask for your help.

I would like your opinion on purchasing Bibles for my grandchildren. I would like Bibles that are true to the KJV, yet are easier to understand for my grandchildren’s age group (5, 6, 9 years old and ages 13, 15, 16 and 18).

After looking at some Bibles at my local Bible store I am a bit confused as to what is the right choice. I leafed thru a couple of teen Bibles (NIV) and really did not feel they were very Bible-based in some of the content. I’m no prude about these Bibles addressing teen issues but I just don’t think the answers were appropriate in regard to biblical principles.

My grandchildren know about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I talk to them about being saved and living a life pleasing to God (without being preachy as some would say). I am sorry to say they are not in church and will not go with me. I am very concerned for them. I believe that so many are forsaking God for the world, in what the signs of the times are pointing to these last days before the Rapture.

My seven grandchildren are all very good kids and that is not just a biased opinion from Grandma. I say prayers to God that He will draw them closer to Him (along with their parents and everyone else who isn’t saved). I am just planting a seed with giving them all Bibles.

I do not know what to think other than just about everything has become corrupt. I do not want to support a company (Zondervan), a division of Harper Collins that publishes the satanic bible. Yes, that is what I read and how true it is, I am not 100% sure as the Internet is what it is.

The Bible says that we are accountable for what we do. So I ask you, Esther what am I to do? I only want to do what is right before God and for my grandchildren. I would greatly appreciate any guidance and information you can give me.
Many Blessings, Esther,
Grammy G.

Dear Grammy,
Thank you for your encouraging words and confidence, To God be all the glory. It is true that Harper Collins does publish a satanic bible. The despicable book is posted on their website.

I think it is outstanding that you do not want to support Zondervan/Harper Collins but I would ask you to rethink this just a little bit. If we all look around our homes we can find a massive amount of “stuff” that was either produced by slave labor or by companies that strongly support abortion and a countless other ungodly things. It is going to be tough to find a Bible that is not published by a company that is not compromised in some way. Remember, these are the last days. It is supposed to be like this.

Instead of feeling defeated, beat the devil to the punch and clobber him at his own game. Grammy, consider that the wretched old fool is no doubt full-force behind these company sell-outs and figures that if the secular companies get control of the Bible publishers it will make the Christians so mad that they will stop buying Bibles. Or at least cut way down on purchases. A demonic plot to keep the lost from reading the Word of God and getting saved! So I would defiantly march into a couple of bookstores and browse the Internet and crush that slithery snake’s plans to keep you (us) from buying Bibles, even if they are published by one of the companies that are secular to the core. Things are getting so strange, I for one am glad Bibles can still be purchased. Maybe we should all start stockpiling Bibles.

As far as the very young children (ages 5 and 6) I would look for books that feature the main Bible stories so they can become very familiar with them. For the 9 year old I would consider getting something similar but with more in-depth stories. For the older children, perhaps a patriotic themed: NKJ Bible. They have beautiful pictures and American history is tied into the text and might spark the interest of the teenagers. And for the adults in your family a good New King James or New American Standard Bible would be a good choice. You are right not to get the NIV teen Bibles. I agree that they have too many issues that are problematic.

Grammy, you are a dear. God bless you for being so concerned about your loved ones. Rest assured, the Lord hears your prayers and has a watchful eye on your unsaved family and the others you pray for, too. He wishes for no one to perish. And with a praying Grandma like you, they are surely on the Lord’s redemptive radar. Every grandmother should be like you. I am glad you wrote.
In God’s love,
Esther

“We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers, remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father” (1 Thessalonians 1:2-3).